Check out this giveaway!
- ► 2011 (174)
- ▼ 2010 (151)
Saturday, June 12, 2010
I'm going to be honest. I failed miserably at keeping up my goals. I was just a social butterfly in May, and didn't do much of anything I had planned to do. So, I'm revamping my goals a little bit. Instead of on a monthly basis, some of them will be changed to the numerical value of an entire year. That way if I have a weak month, like last month, I still have the chance to catch up later.
21 Goals for my 21st Year of Life!
- Pursue 12 Steps and make myself better. Going strong.
- Read the Book of Mormon cover to cover. Haven't started yet...
- Reach my goal weight. Actually gained a little bit, but I'm going back down. 22 lbs. left.
- Blog at least 120 times this year. 4 out of 120.
- Get myself worthy to enter the temple. Getting ever closer.
- Do an act of service at least once a month. 1 out of 12.
- Read at least 50 books. 1 out of 50.*
- Share my testimony at least once each month. 1 out of 12.
- Get kissed. Completed!
- Take at least 120 photos this year. 2 out of 120.
- Watch every movie I own. 1 out of 273.
- Visit my grandmother at least once a month. 1 out of 12.
- Get a job. No luck yet.
- Write a letter to 60 people I love this year. 4 out of 60.
- Be social. So far so good.
- Make at least 12 videos this year. 0 out of 12.
- Write in my journal at least 4 times a month. 4 out of 48.
- Fast at least once each month. 1 out of 12.
- Go for a hike in Jone's Hole. Haven't made it yet.
- Prepare at least two meals for my family each month. 1 out of 24.
- Try something new every month. 1 out of 12.**
* 1. Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz.
** I drove a fancy black Jaguar. So pretty. It was like Disneyland!
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Most Memorable Moments:
- 2nd ~ I made a change in my life, and it has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. Unfortunately, it meant I had to break up with CJ. But all of the testimonies, lessons and the fireside simply reaffirmed my faith that I was doing the right thing. There was a break the fast before the fireside and that was great fun. A guy that was a total jerk to me in high school checked me out. Twice.
- 3rd ~ FHE. It was combined with the other ward and I met (and flirted with) three new guys. Good times, good times. (Oh... and CJ and I started talking again.)
- 5th ~ Institute. AMAZING lesson from the missionaries. Very touching. I was inspired and I am taking the initiative to send a Book of Mormon to CJ. After institute, I went to watch a movie with all of my new friends and ended up with a guy's fingers tangled in my hair.
- 6th ~ I went over to to my sister, Kristi's house and just spent an hour or so hanging out and watching Biggest Loser. Simple and awesome.
- 7th ~ My first 12 Steps meeting since I decided to get feeling better.
- 8th ~ Service project with three other girls in my ward. We watched the children of a Wyoming ward who was here to visit the temple. Oh so much fun. I miss working with kids. Also pancakes for dinner and hilarious conversation.
- 9th ~ I had a meeting with my bishop about that change I made on the 2nd. Such an amazing meeting! Also, Happy Mother's Day! My mom is the best!
- 12th ~ I turned 21! Unfortunately I had the flu all day. Even so, it was a great birthday. I felt so much love from family and friends.
- 14th ~ 12 Steps. I love these meetings.
- 15th ~ We had a Relief Society Activity. We have three girls in our ward getting married this summer so we had a Bridal shower for them. Only four girls showed up, and luckily one of them was a bride. It was a great activity. Lots of laughs. Also, Happy Birthday Julie! So happy you're my cousin!
- 16th ~ Linger Longer. It... was not the best one we've ever had. The wards didn't combined because it was Senior Day. (Where the high school seniors get to check out the Singles Ward.) So both wards had their own Linger Longers (and apparently the boys in the other ward asked where I was.) Happy Birthday Jenny! You're a wonderful sister!
- 17th ~ I had a date with Pete. We went to Cafe Rio. Then FHE where we played a really gross skittles themed game (which I am proud to announce was my idea.) and ate leftovers from Linger Longer.
- 18th ~ Check up meeting with my Bishop. Happy to report that there was nothing amiss.
- 19th ~ Institute! Every other week in the summer, there will now be an institute funded activity. We went bowling. I'm really terrible.
- 20th ~ Stake Relief Society Presidency Meeting. Just touching bases with all of the presidencies in our stake. Afterward, Tim (the guy who played with my hair) came over and we cuddled and talked for a few hours.
- 21st ~ Still lovin' 12 Steps.
- 22nd ~ My niece had her dance recital. She's so stinkin' adorable. I love her to death.
- 23rd ~ Brother Walton (our institute teacher) is moving to a new area and so we had a farewell dinner for him. Tim came along. I wasn't sure if I liked him, but tonight I realized that I do. We went back to my house and watched a movie and cuddled some more.
- 24th ~ FHE. I didn't have such a great time, so I left early.
- 25th ~ I had a Relief Society Presidency Meeting. After, I got on Tim's Bullet Bike and we went up the mountain. Terrifying but fun. Then back to his place for more cuddling.
- 27th ~ It was Tim's birthday, so he took me off roading. I'm a terrible passenger on the road, so off road... the night ended pretty early.
- 28th ~ Really. Bad. Day.
- 29th ~ A friend of mine threw me a late birthday party. We had a bonfire with roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Tim and I went back to his place after the party. Kissing happened.
- 30th ~ Kissing happened tonight, too
- 31st ~ Memorial Day. It's tradition that we have breakfast on Memorial Day, and this breakfast was fabulous. The rest of the day was rather boring and slow.
Happiest Moment: Kissing Tim for the first time. (And all the times after that.)
Saddest Moment: Breaking up with CJ. It hurt. A lot.
Books Read: Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz (great book, terrible ending.)
New Movies Watched:
- 2012 - Totally unrealistic, and I hate that they couldn't do anything to stop it. But the special effects were cool.
- Star Trek - Love. So good.
- The Time Traveler's Wife - So sad. It's not my favorite movie of all time, but I enjoyed it.
- The Blind Side - This movie was incredible! I loved it!
- Casino Royale - I liked this movie a lot, but it's possible that I enjoyed it more because I was cuddled up to Tim.
- Lost - I watched from day one, and now it's over. I enjoyed the finale a lot.
- Chuck - The season finale was this month as well. I'm going to miss it, but at least it will be back in the Fall.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer - All of the episodes are on Instant Play on Netflix. I LOVE it. I'm halfway through season three.
- So You Think You Can Dance - It premiered on the 27th, and I'm so excited that it's back!
Favorite Food: I don't know if it counts, but I've been in love with Chocolate Milk all month long. Love the stuff.
Overall Impression: It's been a really good month. It's had it's ups and downs, and definitely a lot of confusing times, but honestly, I loved this month. I really hope June will be amazing as well.