Check out this giveaway!
- ► 2011 (174)
- ▼ August (4)
Thursday, August 12, 2010
21 Goals for my 21st Year of Life!
- Pursue 12 Steps and make myself better. I'm doing really well. Working hard on it.
- Read the Book of Mormon cover to cover. In chapter three of 2nd Nephi.
- Reach my goal weight. I haven't weighed myself since I've been living in Vegas. I'm thinking I gained a little. :( We'll see when I go home in four days.
- Blog at least 120 times this year. 12 out of 120.
- Get myself worthy to enter the temple. Still getting closer.
- Do an act of service at least once a month. 1 out of 12. (I'm not doing too well on this one.)
- Read at least 50 books. 1 out of 50. (Or this one.)
- Share my testimony at least once each month. 3 out of 12.
- Get kissed. Completed in May. Completed AGAIN in July.
- Take at least 120 photos this year. 33 out of 120.
- Watch every movie I own. 1 out of 273. (I've been in Vegas for this entire month, and haven't had my movies around.)
- Visit with my grandmother at least once a month. 2 out of 12. (Again, I've been in Vegas, but I'm going to see her the minute I get home.)
- Get a job. No luck yet.
- Write a letter to 60 people I love this year. 5 out of 60.
- Be social. Blegh. I sat in my sister's house and didn't really go out or do anything.
- Make at least 12 videos this year. 0 out of 12. (Fail.)
- Write in my journal at least 4 times a month. 19 out of 48.
- Fast at least once each month. 2 out of 12.
- Go for a hike in Jone's Hole. Haven't made it yet. Hope to go this month.
- Prepare at least two meals for my family each month. 1 out of 24.
- Try something new every month. 3 out of 12.*
*I went to an Indian Food restaurant. I didn't much care for what I ordered.
Monday, August 2, 2010
I've been so blog missing lately. Every time I sit down to write something... anything... I realize that there's not enough to write about. Just random snippets here and there. So I've decided to just randomly list the things that I'm up to, or the things that are going through my head. Enjoy my rambling.
Thoughts on VEGAS:
I've been living in Vegas for the past four weeks. I'll be here for two more weeks. I thought it would be this awesome-tastic party experience. I sit at home in the same spot I am sitting in as I write this post. All day. Toward the beginning of my stay, I had quite a few dates. Two different guys. I liked the second guy a lot more than the first. Meh. Didn't work out. Oh well.
I guess I really hoped that I'd meet huge amounts of people and we'd be partying it up Vegas style every night. Psh. I had more party in Vernal. Haha.
If anything, I've learned a whole lot about myself on this trip. I've learned more than ever how I need to rely on the Lord to keep me steady and going strong. That's definitely something.
Thoughts on MUSIC:
There is one thing about Vegas that I LOVE! The radio. I never listen to the radio in Vernal because... it isn't really any good.
Here are my favorite songs at the moment:
Thoughts on TV:
Another good thing about Vegas is that I sit at home and watch TV all day. In the last two weeks I finished Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and watched all of Avatar The Last Airbender, and all of Firefly.
I have now started watching BBC's Robin Hood. It's happy making.
(I did want to read more on this trip... whoops.)
Thoughts on ME:
I've had a bit of hard time the past few months. Body issues, problems with my past, a whole mess of insecurity. It's all still there, but I think I'm starting to realize that I am a great person. I mean, yeah, I'm not a twig, but I'd rather have curves than look like a lurpy boy. I have a lot of insecurities, but I have so many amazing qualities as well. It's a slow process, but I'm hoping that soon I'll learn just how beautiful and wonderful I really am.
(I borrowed this idea from Shelby. Check out her adorable blog!)
Your darling Pooh Bear.
I miss you a lot. I can't wait to come home in two weeks just so I can get a big ol' hug.Love you,
Your darling Pooh Bear.
To Jonas Armstrong,
You are the perfect Robin Hood. I love the way you always look so concerned. Your eyebrows carry the weight of the world. Your maid Marian is going to die at the end of season two. Consider me as her replacement in your heart?
I adore you.
Will you please finish baking so that I may enjoy your delicious scrumptiousness? My vanilla ice cream is lonely and needs a buddy. You can both make a home in my belly. It will be the friendship of awesomeness.
Very hungry Katie
Dear Joss Whedon,
You are an insane genius. Serenity was awesome! You seriously blew my mind. My love started with Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, and grew with Buffy. Now Firefly. Can't wait for more. I <3 you!
P.S. I promise to finish watching Angel someday. But I'm mad at you for killing Wash, so give me a while to forgive you.
Why are you hurting me so much all of a sudden!? Ow! Seriously! OW! Cut it out.
Girl desperate for less pain!
You're beautiful. Thanks for being long, soft and shiny.
Thank you SO much for letting me come to live with you in Vegas. It's been so much fun and I've loved it! Almost as much as I love you!
Your little sister.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
- 4th ~ Happy Independence Day! I gave the lesson in Relief Society. Then had the whole family over for a bbq and went to the park to watch the fireworks. Favorite holiday ever!
- 6th ~ My sister Aly invited me to come and stay in Vegas with her for six weeks. We hit the road today.
- 7th ~ Alyson took me to Red Robin when we got here! How sweet of her!
- 8th ~ I met Daniel online the day I got to Vegas and went on a date. Not a very good one.
- 11th ~ First time at church here. Good enough.
- 13th ~ Institute here in Vegas. Only time I went, but it went well enough.
- 14th ~ First date with Scott! One of the best dates I've ever had.
- 16th ~ Another date with Scott. Also amazing. Got a kiss and everything.
- 19th ~ Went to see Inception with Aly. SO good!
- 20th ~ Hanging out with Scott. Both realized that it wasn't really there for either of us.
- 24th ~ Aly and I went down to the strip to visit some cousins. We went to eat and then saw Lion King. It was spectacular.
Happiest Moment: All of the 4th of July.
Saddest Moment: Just feeling lonely sitting in Vegas alone.
New Movies Watched:
- Knight and Day - Good enough. Kind of cheesy.
- Inception - AMAZING!
- Top Gun - I didn't really pay attention... whoops...
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Finished and LOVED it.
- Angel - Kind of finished. Read the synopsis for the last season because I wasn't into it.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - Oh MAN! So good! I love it.
- Firefly - Four episodes into the season, liking it so far.
Favorite Food: Strawberry Fruit Chillers. MMM. Tasty tasty.
Overall Impression: It was a good enough month. I had some ups and a lot of downs. Sitting alone in a house for three weeks wears on you. I can't wait to get home and socialize again.