Check out this giveaway!
- ▼ 2011 (174)
- ► 2010 (151)
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Blogging fail. Epic.
I want to apologize to you all. Want a quick update about my life?
There is so much involved in the moving process that some days I wake up and don't even know where to begin.
I am applying for jobs right and left. (I have one I really want. Please send good thoughts! Thanks muchly!)
Packing. I always knew I had a lot of stuff, but I had no idea that I had THIS much! It's overwhelming and decided whether to keep something, sell it, pack it, give it away or leave it home is very time consuming.
Spending time with people I'm leaving behind. Friends and family are something that I'm going to miss most and so I want to soak up my time with them.
I was hired to edit one of my cousin's family home videos. So I'm trying to get them all transfered to DVD before I leave. It's time consuming.
Finishing my quilt top. I've been working on it since mid December, and I would like the top to be finished before I leave. Though I'm not sure that is going to happen.
I leave in eight days! That's crazy! And exciting! And terrifying!
So, with all that I have had and have yet to do, please forgive me and my blog missing-ness. I promise that as soon as I possibly can, I will be back and posting as much as possible!
How have you all been?
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Have you ever had one of those nights where you just couldn't sleep because there was too much to do. Stuff that was so much more important than going to bed at a healthy time?
I just had one.
It was filled with quite a few amazing moments.
I'm going to name a few now.
1. A friend took me out to dinner as a going away present. (I'm moving in just over 2 weeks! Whoa!) There is only one thing better than a chicken burrito in a handmade, fresh tortilla with green chili rice, smothered in medium sauce with cheese, lettuce and pico from Cafe Rio. And that's a chicken burrito in a handmade, fresh tortilla with green chili rice, smothered in medium sauce with cheese, lettuce and pico from Cafe Rio that the friend graciously paid for. Mmm. (For the record, I'm not being paid to advertise. I really do just love the place.)
2. Pretending to be full so as not to disgust my friend with how much I can eat just to break open the leftovers the instant I was dropped off. Mmm!
3. Finishing Majora's Mask with Kevin! He helped me through that stinkin' game. I have tried and failed multiple times. And with his amazing help, I beat it! Woo!
4. Adding more listings to my Yard Sale Blog! I have exactly 24 more items to list, but there are so many things up already! And I've been selling things like mad! Go check it out or you might miss out on something you really want!
5. Finishing Dollhouse. I watched nine episodes. Ba ha! Gut-wrenching twists. I may or may not have cried. A lot. Sadness. But awesome sadness! Joss Whedon is a complete genius!
6. Keeping my hands busy while watching 9 hours of Dollhouse by writing random love notes and leaving them all over the web for a certain special someone. By the way, I want you all to do me a favor, go over to his blog and leave him some extra love. Leave him a comment! And follow too! He writes awesome posts! It would make me so happy to send him some more love in the form of you wonderful people!
7. Chatting with my adorable seven year old niece on Facebook chat.
8. Wearing pajama pants that are 7 sizes too big with a dressy shirt all night. Nothing says class and comfort like lace and polka dots!
9. Watching my goofy cat sprawl out on my lap in the weirdest positions. Even if she did leave cat hair all over my shirt.
10. Writing this list and realizing how truly blessed I am to have these little pleasures in my life.
But seriously! Leave Kevin some love while I try to figure out where to send two of the emails that were Mailer Daemon'd back to me. Bah!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Hey Katie, where have you been?
Umm... Life is really busy right now?
Liar. Everyone knows that's just a cop out meaning that your blog is a low priority.
I do care about you guys! I promise!
I have exciting news!
I'm moving to Las Vegas!
Are you going to be a stripper?
Anyway, I just wanted to apologize to you all for being so M.I.A. for the first few weeks of 2011! (I'm still getting used to writing the year.) Life has been massively crazy with all the Vegas plans (And my lack of blogging motivation.) I hope you can forgive me!
I promise I will get back into things shortly! And I will finally take down the Christmas decor on the blog! Go me!
I have one question for you all though. As I've been thinking of all I have to pack, I've realized that I have a lot of books and movies that I don't want to take with me, for space reasons. Everything is in really good condition. A few of the books are even signed!
If I were to create a "yard sale" blog, would any of you actually buy anything?
I hope all of you are having a wonderful 2011 so far!