Subscribe!

Followers!

Share!

Share |

Facebook!

Monday, December 28, 2009

The Past Decade!

I find it hard to believe in just a few short days it will be 2010. I remember when we were all at the crest of the new year ten years ago freaking out about Y2K. I was only ten years old. That was half of my lifetime ago. Yet it feels like it was yesterday.

In the past ten years:
  • I had ten different birthdays.
  • I became a Beehive, a Miamaid and a Laurel.
  • I progressed into Relief Society and eventually became part of the R.S. Presidency.
  • I learned how to drive. (And surprisingly haven't had a single accident or ticket in those five years.)
  • I went to numerous stake dances.
  • I had multiple crushes on stupid boys.
  • And I had my heart broken by most of them.
  • I did my first play, and have been in eleven others since then.
  • I was the lead in two of those shows.
  • I became best friends with three of my cousins.
  • I also became best friends with a girl that will probably be my friend for the rest of my life.
  • I had my first kiss.
  • I went to five different schools in the same town.
  • I went to High School.
  • I finished a first draft of a novel.
  • I made countless videos for YouTube.
  • I moved out of my parents house.
  • And I moved back home.
  • I had multiple jobs, some great, others terrible.
  • I spent ten years trying to figure out who I am, and while I didn't figure it out completely, I am excited to take advantage of the next ten to see if I can come to a conclusion.
There have been good times...and bad, but it's been a decade I wouldn't trade for anything. The experiences I had during this time in my life have made me who I am today, and good and bad, I love her.

2 Thoughts:

Juliana said...

Wow isn't this cool to think about!? I need to write a blog about the last ten years...wow! New to your blog...pop over to mine and follow if you would like. It is nice to meet you Kate.

Anonymous said...

Beehive, Miamaid and Laurel? Were you into some crazy video game?

Most boys are stupid, yes. But there are some good ones out there. Like me. :-P

Don't worry about not knowing who you are; I still don't know who I am.