Subscribe!

Followers!

Share!

Share |

Facebook!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Turn around!

Have you ever had one of those days where you are absolutely sure that nothing will make you feel good? You are so depressed, and despite how much it sucks, it seems life is determined to keep you that way.

I was feeling a little self conscious about my weight earlier today. So, because misery...likes me to stay miserable? I decided to get on a scale for the first time in quite a while.

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and stepped on the scale.

I was prepared for a five pound gain, thereby solidifying my depressed day.

..."Wait..." I did a double take.

"What?!" I leaned forward, making sure I was reading the scale correctly.

"Is that right?!" Tears start forming in my eyes.

"I've lost TEN POUNDS?!" I fold over on myself, joy overwhelming every inch in my body.

For the first time in over a year, I am under 200 pounds!

It's now a great day! The sun is shining, and if all the birds hadn't gone south for the winter, I'm sure they'd be flying around me and singing sweet music!

1 Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

*grins* Miserable days... and then something awesome happens. Yeah, I've been there.