Subscribe!

Followers!

Share!

Share |

Facebook!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November In Review

Highlights:
  • 1st - The first of November signified the start of National Novel Writing Month. Terrified and excited, I started writing again and was thrilled with how good it felt to write again. I also went to combined family home evening where I played what if and gossiped about my recent boy stories with some girl friends.
  • 11th - I participated in a 24 Hour Word War with some NaNoWriMo friends and won! The day was filled with writing, talking on skype and playing truth or dare on webcam with the other war-ers. 
  • 14th - I hit my 50,000 words for November. I was going to aim for 100k, but didn't like my novel. So I decided to stop there, but still claim victory!
  • 17th - I went ice skating with the young single adults. I haven't been skating in years and it took me a few moments to get used to it. I had a great time, reunited with a few people I hadn't seen in months, and didn't fall once (though I almost did).
  • 19th - Rock Band party at Pete's house with Tim, Jessica and Eli. Rock band died halfway through the night, so we ended up playing UFC. I kicked some major tushie. Yes, I'm bragging. Because it's true. Pete also made us Thai food. I was really scared to try it, but it was actually really good! There were also decisions that were made that night that I do not regret, but were definitely not smart. Whoops!
  • 20th - I saw my cousin Faith for the first time in a year and a half. She just got home from her LDS mission! 
  • 21st - Linger longer. Meatloaf. Not so great. But the trifle was MMM! And the punch was amazing, as always.
  • 22nd - I was in charge of the FHE activity, and so we had a Guitar Hero tournament. 
  • 23rd - My dad bought tickets to go and see the Scarlet Pimpernel musical, but because of a false alarm blizzard, we didn't go. I was heartbroken. We went to see Harry Potter instead. A good alternative, but I still wish I could have seen Scarlet Pimpernel.
  • 25th - Thanksgiving! I had a lot of family in town, there was mountains of great food, and I ate so much that I felt sick all day. But don't worry; it was a GOOD sick. 
  • 26th - The other side of the family got together for soup and pie! Yum! I had a bread bowl sized bump in my belly. Mmm! Later that night, my dad and I got bundled up to watch the parade of lights and sing karaoke at Holly Days. 

It's a festival we have in our home town. It was 20 degrees this year but so worth it! 


Notice my Rudolf red nose? Yes. It was cold!

I met up with some other friends and family and sang a few songs.


Away in a Manger with my Dad.

All the smoke is from fire pits they had for roasting marshmallows and warming up. I smelled like a campfire when I got home.


Hark the Herald Angels Sing with my aunt!


And Oh Come All Ye Faithful with Nashelle!

I then went to my Grandma's house to play games with family. It was much warmer there, and I got my best ever score of Nertz. It was posted on the fridge. I trounced everyone else!


This is my cousin Cassie and me! I just think it's a cute picture of us! 
  • 28th - Faith's homecoming talk! It was one last chance to see family before they all headed home. I miss the chaos already!
  • 29th - I was in charge of Family Home Evening again. I gave a simple lesson on gratitude since Thanksgiving just ended. Then we played an amazing round of curses. Lots of laughs. We got a new bishopric in our ward, and they were in attendance. It was fun to meet them all.
Happiest Moments: I'd have to say any during Thanksgiving weekend. There were so many amazing, happy moments.

Saddest Moment: When I was told we weren't going to make it out to see the Scarlet Pimpernel probably.

Movies: 
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part One - Oh man. So good. I just... ah. Lost for words. I can't wait until the final one comes out!
Books: 
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - After seeing part one of Deathly Hallows, I realized that there is so much that I just don't remember about the story. I got a serious urge to read the books again. 
Favorite Food: Oh man... All of Thanksgiving is still on my mind. I'm going to have to say mashed potatoes and gravy. So good. 

Overall Impression: This month was hard. I spent a lot of it feeling really depressed. It was a very welcome change to have Thanksgiving merriment thrown into the middle. I don't laugh enough. I really hope that Christmas feels the same way. I really don't want to have a Blue Christmas. Let's just hope I have a really good December all around. Wish me luck (and good cheer)!

6 Thoughts:

Kevin said...

I'm just glad you're feeling better.

Harry Potter = awesome.
Thanksgiving and food = awesome.
Christmas music = awesome.

:)

AmberLaShell said...

It sounds like you had a great month to me! I saw harry potter too and thought it was really good, only they should'nt make us wait so long between these movies! Here's to a fantastic december! BTW thank you for post about nano in october, if it wasn't for you i would have never even known about it, and now i'm a winner!

Cole Garrett said...

I'm glad you had a good month. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. I was so busy with work, I hardly noticed it's already December!!!

Congrats on your pseudo-NaNoWriMo victory!

Jessica said...

Love your blog. It's so lovely.

We are having a little giveaway over on our blog. I hope you can jump over and check it out. ☺

megan ann. said...

I too had the serious urge to read the books again when I saw the seventh movie part 1. I'm on book one right now :).

Anonymous said...

Good month in review!