Subscribe!

Followers!

Share!

Share |

Facebook!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Twenty-one and four days!

I've officially been 21 for 4 days. It's been quite the roller coaster. 

Wednesday: I had the flu. It only lasted for the day, but I spent the day catching up on my TV shows, watching 2012 and starting Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I also received SO many birthday wishes and felt so very loved. So even though I felt nauseous all day, it was a really great birthday.

Thursday: I felt better, which was great. I finished my first book of the year (Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz) and it totally turned me off reading. The ending sucked and I was depressed for the rest of the evening. Had to stop myself from breaking into tears at the grocery store. (I get really into the books I read... when they end badly, I am devastated.) So to cheer myself up, I watched three awesome movies. Star Trek, Time Traveler's Wife, and The Blind Side. I felt much better by the time I went to bed.

Friday: My BFF Nashelle took me to lunch for my birthday and then bought me earrings afterward. The girl spoiled me with presents and I love them all. An adorable frame/candle set, a slipper foot massager, a skirt and a dress. Thanks so much Nashelle! Then 12 Steps which had such an amazing spirit. I love those meetings and I'm feeling so great right now!

Saturday: We had a Bridal Shower for a Relief Society activity. We have a few girls getting married this summer. It was lots of fun. Natalie and I went shopping after and I bought some pretty cute stuff. We went to Robin Hood later in the evening. It was... not my favorite. There were things I liked... but I didn't enjoy how much the storyline differed from traditional Robin Hood stories. Oh well. It was still great to hang out with her and get out of the house. 

It's been a great four days, despite sickness and depressing books. I'm feeling VERY blessed!

2 Thoughts:

Little Debi said...

Hi Kate! I've been reading your blog for a while but I've never commented. I know...I'm a creeper. :P

I just wanted to tell you that you're really awesome and an inspiration to me. I'm glad your first four days of being 21 were great! :]

Anonymous said...

I've heard that Robin Hood was not so great...