Subscribe!

Followers!

Share!

Share |

Facebook!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Synopsis Sunday

Week two is notoriously the worst week in NaNoWriMo. All of the excitement and gumption you had in week one has now faded and you're starting to realize that you have plot holes or no plot at all. This happened to me. I had to force myself to write a lot of days and I don't like the direction my novel is going in.

But then you also have freak occurrences. Last year, I injured my fingertips. Who injures their fingertips? I did in week two. It hurt to type. This year was much worse.

My laptop died.

This very severely killed my motivation and highly depressed me. This whole week has left me feeling really down and unhappy. But I persevered and kept writing.

I even won the 24 hour war in the NaNoWriMo chat room. Now everyone that participated has Weber as their last name. It's an entire army of Weber minions.

My Word Count:

47317

I'm not going to give you all an excerpt this time. I don't feel like I wrote anything too fabulous this week, so... maybe next week if I don't decide to ditch this novel completely once I've hit 50,000 words.

5 Thoughts:

the Tsaritsa said...

Don't worry about plot holes! Concern yourself with situations, and build upon that. You can do it! :)

Unknown said...

You're doing amazing!!! Congratulations! You can do it... keep working towards it!

DB said...

I'm impressed that you are trying it to begin with. Just the thought of it makes me anxious. But then, I am a notorius commitment phobe. I suppose this falls under that.

daniela said...

You're not ditching this novel b/c i'm sure it is SPEC-ta-cu-LAR!
I love that everyone now has your last name too hahaha

But injured fingertips? That's a first hehe

Anonymous said...

...injured fingertips?