Subscribe!

Followers!

Share!

Share |

Facebook!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Time Travel Tuesdays

For a good chunk of my life, my mom was a biology teacher. It was a habit that I would sit in my parent's room at night and have them quiz me on science questions. Most of them were things that I was learning in school. But a lot of the time, they would ask me questions that I didn't know the answer to. This way I learned knew things.

One night my parents were asking me questions:

"What is it called when a mammal sleeps through the winter?"

"Hibernation."

"Okay. What is it called when a reptile sleeps through the summer?"

"Aestivation."

"Good!" (That was one they had taught me recently.) "What is it called when a baby animal is growing in it's mother's womb?"

"Gestation."

"Correct! What is it called when a mammal produces milk to feed it's baby?"

...

"Ummm... Carnation?"




Speaking of animals, I've always loved them. Can't say that they've always loved me...


6 Thoughts:

AmberLaShell said...

haha, it's funny cause it's true...

k-money said...

Oh my god, the cat looks terrified!!! So adorable tho :)

daniela said...

Reptiles sleep through the summer?! omg i no idea bahahaha

Cute video :)

Framed said...

What a cute kid.

Lorraine said...

Dude, carnation was a good a guess as any.

Lor

Anonymous said...

...where did you pull Carnation from?