Subscribe!

Followers!

Share!

Share |

Facebook!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Synopsis Sunday

Week three ended early for me. I hit 50,000 words and decided to stop. I have completed NaNoWriMo but I didn't complete a novel. But that's really okay with me. I just wasn't feeling anything towards my novel. Last year, it was almost romantic how much I loved my novel. This one was like a boring boyfriend. It had no passion, was always grumpy, and the relationship wasn't going anywhere fast. So I dumped it. But not before I used it mercilessly to get across the NaNo finish line. No regrets.

Hopefully next year's relationship will work out. Besides, I think I'm still missing last year's. I guess I never got closure. I need to find a publisher. Maybe that will do it.

My FINAL Word Count:

50,026


7 Thoughts:

Kim @citygirlinak said...

congrats on hitting 50K! you are my hero. i could never do that. too bad you weren't feeling it this time around.
you should definitely look into getting your novel published! that would be awesome.
you totally cracked me up with the "it was almost romantic how much I loved my novel." heheehhe love it! have a wonderful sunday!

the Tsaritsa said...

You could always self-publish! Even if you aren't happy with it, 50,000 words certainly isn't anything to sneeze at!

AmberLaShell said...

Congrats on hitting the 50K mark early! This is my first Nano and I am having a love affair with my book.. I am only just over 30,000 but I know i will get it finished; that's what the weekends are for.. I hope you do find a publisher, it would be awesome to see you get published!

Leigh said...

Wow, I could never get that much written in under one month! Especially with school going on at the same time. I may challenge myself over winter break (or next summer)....

Kevin said...

I'm sproud of you for doing it, Katie. :) I hope it all works out for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to get the novel finished. I hit 50k. I wanted 150. But real life just keeps getting in the way.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I struggled to get to fifty K and then I just quit.