Subscribe!

Followers!

Share!

Share |

Facebook!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Time Travel Tuesday

When I was about 6 years old, I had been saving up lots of money. Any spare change I found on the ground, or in a couch cushion went into my little jar. 


Soon enough I had five whole dollars! And it was burning a hole in my pocket. It was whispering to me: "Spend me, Katie. Spend me!"

So I gave into temptation. I had my dad take me to Walmart, where I spent my entire five dollars on a coloring book and crayons. 

Sitting in the back seat on the ride home, I realized something. Something that I found really funny. 

I started laughing hysterically at my realization, prompting my father to ask me:

"What's so funny?"

I said something that I've thought so many times since then.

"I just wasted all my money!"




I was always the center of attention. With three  sisters over a decade older than me, I was almost like an only child. And I loved the spotlight.


4 Thoughts:

Leigh said...

I, too, could never save money as a child. I wonder if that has anything to do with my shopping addiction as an adult.....

L!$@ said...

I used to love our old lounge set because whenever Dad sat in the recliners coins from his pockets would fall down into the bottom and then I would go and find them later :D

Cole Garrett said...

Well, if that's the case, then I waste money on our kids all the time, LOL. I've never SEEN kids go through coloring books and crayons so fast.

Kate: Sorry I haven't made it over to comment in a while. I have been reading, though! :)

Anonymous said...

You seem like a perfectly normal kid. *nod*