Subscribe!

Followers!

Share!

Share |

Facebook!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hittin' the Road

Why is it on the days that I don't need sleep, I can sleep for hours without stirring; but on the days when I need to get a full night's rest, I can't seem to keep my eyes closed?

I'm heading down to visit my best friend at college for a few days. She is playing Maria in West Side Story, and I couldn't be more excited to see her perform. Everyone says she puts Natalie Wood to shame. I can't wait to see it. 

I'm driving down alone, and that thought both thrills and scares me. I have driven home from Salt Lake by myself, and so I feel that if I can do that, I can do this. My only problem, I don't think I've ever been conscious any time I've driven to Ephraim, Utah; I'm just praying I don't get lost and end up in Moab or something. On the plus side, I've never seen the arches. However, I'm still hoping that I will not see them on this trip.

I do however love to drive. Ever since I was little, my parents would plan a road trip and we pile into the car and go. I've seen 31 of the 32 states I've been to and Canada and Mexico on these road trips. They are some of my fondest memories. As I got older, my dad and I would just get in the car and drive around town, listening to my music. It's always been one of my favorite ways to de-stress. I put in a CD, turn up the volume to an unhealthy-for-my-ears level and belt all of my problems away. I will have four hours to myself, listen to whatever music I feel like, and simply enjoy the road before me. I can't wait. Ah, the joys of a solitary road trip.

I'll be heading out this afternoon, I have most of my stuff packed, and I am just excited to go. Spend time with strangers (strangely, so excited to meet all of these new people), go to a college class, see Nashelle perform, in one of my all time favorite shows, and simply spend time with my best friend that I never see anymore. It's going to be a great three days!

OH! P.S. I looked in the mirror yesterday after getting dressed. My arms are getting SO skinny. I study myself frequently, and while I notice a difference, it's so gradual that I can't see much change. I do notice it though. I was able to squeeze into a pair of pants I haven't worn since high school. They are still tight, but they fit. It's incredible. I'm SO in love with this! 

P.P.S. I bought a Jillian Michaels exercise DVD. She is one sadistic woman. I'm seeing results like crazy (and definitely feeling them), but I feel like I'm going to die while actually doing the work outs. I'm sure that's the point.

2 Thoughts:

Megan Allen said...

I want Jillian Michaels to be my own personal trainer... She would probably kill me, but that'd be ok. haha it would be worth it.

Anonymous said...

I remember the thrill of being able to fit into my second best pair of jeans for the trip.