Check out this giveaway!
- ► 2011 (174)
- January: A Month in the Life of Kate
- Look Alike?
- Oh boy(s)...
- Pet Peeves
- A Bit About Kate
- This crazy week of mine...
- Social Butterfly
- I've never...
- Black Licorice
- A few things to mention:
- The Swamp
- You2be Anniversary
- Chanters of Tremaris
- A Good Day Letter
- Messaging Rampage
- You're Not Sorry
- ▼ January (25)
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Before I unfortunately deleted my blog in December, it was tradition that at the end of each month, I would write a post about the happenings of my month. I didn't blog nearly as much as I do now, and it was my way of not feeling guilty about not posting regularly. But they served a purpose much more important than that. It was great to be able to read through a short post about my month if I had forgotten something down the road. They are the things about that old blog that I miss the most. So, I'm bringing them back.
Most Memorable Moments:
- 1st ~ Happy New Year! I spent the day filming a music video with one of my best friends. I like to direct, she likes to act (she actually got the part of Maria in West Side Story at Snow College this month! Congrats Nashelle!) so it's the perfect duo! I always love our filming days. They don't happen nearly enough.
- 3rd ~ I gave the lesson in Relief Society. It went well, and it was something that I had needed to learn. Whether anyone else got anything from it...
- 6th & 8th ~ I finished the last two books in the Chanters of Tremaris Trilogy. (Love these books!)
- 9th ~ I had a movie night with my sister, Kristi. It had been a while since I'd seen her, and it was great to just sit down and watch a movie. Coraline is awesome! (I love Neil Gaiman! I've read the book about five times and I am currently reading The Graveyard Book written by him as well.)
- 10th ~ Chuck is back! So happy! Those of you who don't watch Chuck, you are missing out.
- 11th ~ Happy YouTube anniversary! It's been two whole years!
- 16th ~ The Relief Society sisters got together for a getting to know you activity. At one point, I laughed so hard that I cried and my face contorted. It was not attractive, but it felt so good.
- 17th ~ Linger Longer! Oh dear, such fun.
- 18th ~ I went to lunch with my good friend Toni. Cafe Rio = Win! (Though Bajio is better.) Later that night, I went to my grandmother's house to eat soup and spend time with my extended family. Potato soup in bread bowl. So tasty, but was the death of my diet. Also, thank you so much for the quilt Grandma! I love it! I skipped out of dinner a little early and went to Family Home Evening for the ward. Good fun! Good fun was made great when I was asked on a date!
- 19th ~ I had a 'movie night' with one of the greatest girls I know, Brooke. Except we never got the movie and ended up chatting for five hours about boys.
- 21st ~ My date with Pete! We went to Avatar! Very much liked the movie, not so sure about the date.
- 22nd-29th ~ Life slowed down this week because I wasn't feeling great, physically or emotionally. (I was able to get in some awesome flirting time with the MBP boys, though.)
- 30th ~ My dad took me to Provo to spend time with my cousins! It was so much fun and though I was only able to see them for seven hours and I was sad to leave, it was a great day and I'm glad we did it.
- 31st ~ I slept. I slept a lot. I'm not quite sure how I did it. I went to bed around 1:30am and figured my body would wake itself up around 10; giving me plenty of time to get ready for church. I fell awake and checked the time. 2:30pm?! What?! Okay. No church today.
Happiest Moment: Arriving in Provo.
Saddest Moment: "Katie, I have some bad news." Okay, so the moment got increasingly worse as the news was spilled, but we'll say the bad news was the saddest moment. My thoughts and prayers are with Mr. B, and those that have been devastated by the whole thing.
New Movies Watched:
- Avatar - I'd been wanting to see it for a very long time. It didn't disappoint. It wasn't quite what I expected, but I really enjoyed it!
- Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging - Based on the book "Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging." I read this book when I was in Jr. High and loved it! I didn't even know they had made it into a movie, and it was hilarious!
- The Waterless Sea by Kate Constable - So awesome! She is such an amazing storyteller.
- The Tenth Power by Kate Constable - Also awesome!
Favorite Food: Spinach Wraps! Avocado, a little bit of fat free ranch, turkey, cheddar, baby spinach and good to go!
Overall: It was a good month. There were a lot of confusing, flustering and depressing things thrown in and a lot of the time I had a hard time focusing on the good. But after writing this post I realize that there was an abundance of good things to be found. It was a good first step into 2010, but I'm not sad that we'll be moving into February...
I just realized that February means Valentines Day. You (my readers) have two options. Shoot a good looking guy with Cupid's arrow and send him my way or shoot me with a cannon. Before doing either, make sure your aim is top notch!