Subscribe!

Followers!

Share!

Share |

Facebook!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Busy Bees


I've been feeling really awful lately.

I miss my man, I miss my family, and I feel all around useless.

I didn't get the job I interviewed for.

It was really, really hard to hear that I just missed out on a great job. And even though I'm applying to a bunch of other places, filling out applications until I think I might go mad; nothing seems to be coming of it.

I went for a walk today with my camera. I just needed to get out for a bit and step away from the stress of applying to jobs that aren't calling.

The flowers in the small park by my house are blooming like crazy, and as I got closer, I could hear the buzz of the bees who were flying from blossom to blossom. 


I watched them work tirelessly for about half an hour. They bounced from one bud to another, never stopping in one place for longer than a few moments.


They didn't have time to feel sorry for themselves. Even if there wasn't anything in a certain spot, they just moved on to the next thing and tried there.


I've decided that there's no point in sitting around feeling sorry for myself. 

Maybe I won't find a job at one place. I'll just get up and move to the next spot and see what I find there.


I just need to keep myself busy and eventually I'll find something. I know it.

And how adorable are these bees? They would just dive right into these flowers with their bottoms in the air. It brightened my day just enjoying all of these little bee butts!


I am featured over at Documenting the Delusional today! Go and check out my post!

17 Thoughts:

Alida Sharp said...

I love your photos... and I hope that things begin to look up for you soon!

Krista said...

Keep that chin up, dear! You have plenty to be thankful for. I know it can be disappointing at first, but keep working hard at the job hunting... =)

Lovely guest post too, by the way!

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

So sorry you are having a rough time. Beautiful job on the photos!

Jordan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hopefully you'll find a job soon. I've been looking too but luckily I'm not in much of a rush. Where I live is really rural so there are just a few jobs posted a month and they're things like truck driver, onion processor, farm hand etc. You are braver than I am, bees creep my out. In fact, any insect that makes a buzzing noise creeps me out. It's like they have too much energy so they have to buzz and when they decide to sting you they transfer their evil little bug energy into your body to cause you great pain. Meanies.

Unknown said...

Sooo pretty =)

April said...

Love those photos! New follower!

Dave said...

Hmm...I think I could stand to be more like a bee myself.
Don't you worry Kate, soon you'll be back to your old self!

Sara Strand said...

Worst case scenario you pretend to be homeless. Because I knew a guy once who did that and he was making like $400 a day doing that. Unbelievable and sad. :/

Unknown said...

Love your photos and the way you intermixed life's ups and downs with the bees journey.

Hope you find a job and everything will work out, just stay positive.

Ellen said...

Love the pictures and your thoughts about not giving up... always pressing on. I needed to hear that. Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower and look forward to reading more of your posts. ~ Ellen

Melbourne on my Mind said...

Sorry you missed out on the job :( I'm sure something will come up soon! Chin up - things will happen when they're meant to :)

In the meantime, at least you're taking great photos!! ;)

L!$@ said...

Awesome attitude to have. I had a job and then they pulled out today..super sucky...but all we can do is move on :D

Anonymous said...

Sorry you missed out on the job, but hopefully the perfect one is just around the corner.

Love the piccys xox

Trina M Curran said...

I love this post. Isn't that the truth? They work tirelessly...sometimes I wish I could do that too... We saw some bees at Deep Ellum Market this weekend and they brought their honey with them. :) It was neat to watch them in the comb.
Thanks for following my blog! It's nice to meet you! My little girl's name is Kate too. :)

Tara said...

Keep your chin up! It's a jungle out there in the job market right now. you'll find something soon, I'm sure!

Janie said...

This was written so well!
I love the pictures.

{{big hugs}}

I hope everything starts looking up for you very very soon!

Erika said...

These are some fantastic shots! :D I find taking photographs of bees pretty difficult, personally, don't think I've ever had one that turned out passable XD But these are awesome, nice work!