Check out this giveaway!
- Time To Mend
- Strawberry Shortcake
- The Best Pancakes Ever
- Vote for Simply Kate!
- Guest Blogger: Amber
- Easter Eggs
- I Am Mary Poppins
- Cedar City
- Busy Bees
- Cooking with Katie and Kevin
- Best Of Sunday 5
- Best Day Ever - Tuesday
- Best Day Ever - Monday
- Karaoke Ring of Death!
- Best Day Ever - Sunday
- Guest Blogger: Sara
- 35 Photos
- Sleepless Mornings
- Best Of Sunday 4
- Hello! It's April!
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2010 (151)
Friday, April 22, 2011
Last night, while I was digging through my bottomless purse in search of something that I wasn't likely to find with the mess of receipts and other useless items taking up space, I decided that I should clean out my purse.
I started pulling things out one by one and laughed at some of the ridiculous things that I had in my purse.
Now, this time around wasn't as astounding as it has been in the past. I've cleaned out my purse countless times and found strange things inside. Things that I never use and have no business being inside of my handbag.
Once, while hanging out with friends, a gal pal asked for some gum. I started digging through the contents of my bottomless bag in search of the double-mint. Because I was having such a hard time, I decided to clean out my purse on the spot. Everyone laughed at the random things that I felt I had with me. The craziest of which might have been the set of measuring cups that were inside. I don't remember packing those along... I had no idea how long they'd been in there.
In any case, they all affectionately named my bag "The Mary Poppins Bag."
So, as I emptied the contents of my purse, I remembered those "What's in my purse" posts that I've been seeing lately. And so...
I'm on the bandwagon.
1. Silver nail polish. The only color I ever wear. I never paint my nails in public.
2. A guitar pick. I don't use picks when I play and never take my guitar with me anywhere.
3. A mini flash drive. It's green and cute. And I checked. It's empty.
4. Eight hair ties. Because two isn't enough. I need eight.
5. Three packs of opened 5 gum. Because inevitably that I won't be able to find gum when I want it. Three packs give me better odds.
6. A hair brush. I have a lot of hair and it tangles easily. Finally something practical!
7. Sunglasses. A black pair AND a brown pair. To match any outfit, of course.
8. Stamps. For my spur of the moment mailing needs.
9. Car keys. Most of those keys are obsolete. But I like keys on my key ring. It's a KEY ring.
10. My camera. I've been using my sister's lately, so it's in there too. But I have mine as a back up in case her's dies or I forget it.
11. A tampon. Just in case.
12. Sadly, that's about all the money I have.
13. Christmas themed hand sanitizer. It's never been opened, but you never know when you need to kill some germs.
14. Lip gloss. Three of them. I like how they taste.
15. My mini notebook. I'm obsessed with notebooks but I never use them. But if I need it, it's handy to have.
16. A movie ticket to Beastly. I didn't enjoy that movie much.
17. Advil. The best thing ever. And definitely something that I use from my purse often. It has it's own pocket for easy access.
18. Kleenex. You never want to be caught with a big dangly booger and not have tissues.
19. A random array of jewelry that I took off mid-day for some reason or another.
20. Pens. I always lose pens, so I take multiple pens with me everywhere I go.
21. Nail clippers. I have no idea why I have two fingernail clippers. They are handy, but I don't need two. And I assure you I never clip my toe nails in public.
22. Matches. I think I stole them from my sister on one of her "quit smoking" kicks.
23. My wallet. I've had it since I was 12. It has one zipper compartment, and two pockets. It sucks. I love it!
My purse makes no sense to me.
But I'm proud to say that it's just like Mary Poppins' bag.
Now if only I could learn to fly with an umbrella...